Sunday, December 6, 2009

When your heart breaks

Life is full of accomplishments, tears, love, and heartache. That's life. Our natural tendency is to relish in our own success but blame others for our difficulties.

"I did amazing on my test today!"

"Mrs. Smith made the test too hard!"

I think we do this for two reasons. First, so we do not need to take responsibility for our own downfalls, and second, because we feel alone dealing with our battles and do not know where to turn.

This morning, I shed some of life's tears. I was hurt by someone close to me. James, in his wisdom, recommended praying, and he reminded me that the atonement of Christ is not only for repentance but also for comfort and understanding.
The burden I was feeling upon my shoulders was suddenly lighter. Christ undertstands. Christ loves. Christ helps. What a blessing it is to know that I have someone to turn to, who can relate to whatever trial I am faced with! Not only is it a blessing to know I can ALWAYS have help, but I also know that the obstacles in my life can teach me eternal principles if I chose to learn from them.

I hope that when my heart breaks in the future, cause life happens, I will remember that I can turn to my Savior.

No comments:

Post a Comment